Lighting my bonfire



Been in this dark space for a while now,

Waiting for someone to lift me .

I’m feeling like a hurricane hit me in the head

State of extremes you see

Varied thoughts flooded , yet so thoughtless.

Yes my life’s a disaster

Hurricanes , floods , and tsunamis I’ve faced them all

& that has actually made me strong, who I am.

Its funny though

So many creative ,like minded people around

We have the same “likes” and “hates”

And still I’am a stranger-friend.

That “conversation” never happens .

That “connection” is what I’ve been deprived of

I see best friends tagging around and giving warm hugs

I too get hugs

But it isn’t any close to “warm”,

Legit for the sake of giving

Every time I look at the mirror,

I see someone beautiful.

Her eyes filled with passion and care.

That smile is her symbol of strength.

She is a true warrior,

True to herself and the folks around

Her bag filled with honest tales.

And still she goes unnoticed.

But it doesn’t matter

The world is hard outside

Its not always fair

People might not give you all the love

Just nourish yourself with pure love

Manh! The cold gets harsher everyday

All the frost is raw and pricking

Don’t let this ice freeze you

Why wait for someone to light your bonfire

When you can light your own

Sit by the fire with a book and coffee

All by yourself.

I bet you’ll float in peaceful waters

Cause at the end of the day

Its all about LOVING YOURSELF.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The answers found me.

A little girl's dream

Skies that heal