Your hero.

I don't know how to describe this feeling, the silence after the summit madness.

I look delirious in this picture, I have never worked for something with my heart and soul like I did for this.

I literally gave my everythinggg.

And a few things were wrong on day one, reinforcing the statement that

~everything that can go wrong will go wrong,

and we need to operate out of love and grace.

I don't deal well with breakdowns, my emotions scatter

and I feel like a glitch.

And when the sunset arrived, it painted the sky pink,

it became better. The day felt better as I stood with my best friends listening to

~When chai met toast singing my favorite songs.

But as the summit ended, I felt incomplete.

I felt confused.

I didn't know how to feel.

I was processing, and it took me a couple of days to

get closure from something I worked my ass off for. 

To get closure from something that gave me

new experiences every single day for the past three months.

When it all ended, 

I was stuck in the silence and the storm of the summit, and I couldn't get myself to complete this experience like I always do.

With a letter.

And now, suddenly; I felt like writing it here.

It was an experience that fucking built me wholly.

I have become a better person.

I have become a better emcee.

I have become a better leader.

I have fucking become.

And this man right here is a powerhouse of energy.

There was one day, when I had to speak to 500+ new hustlers and tell them my story.

A tech check was scheduled that afternoon.

He made that entire dry run or tech check so eventful and not a random minutes rushed through.

It wasn't just okay-next-your turn-what are you speaking 

It was us learningg.

Him , pushing us to become better versions of ourselves.

He said I am teaching you for life. I want you all speak on stage, wherever, whenever.

And this kick off thing is just an excuse for us to do this.

You emphasized so much on one line, "Make them remember you"

And every time I will step on any stage, I will remember you KK. 

There was another random day when I was working,

it was T-4 days to the summit and

he came up to me and went WHAT'S UP MY HEROOO and gave me a solid Hi-fi. The fact that he called me his hero, the way he makes me feel safe, seen and celebrated is fucking beautiful.

That energy. That smile. And that intent.

Its only rapid growth and confidence around you and I feel so grateful, KK.

Missing that a little too much today.

I had a couple of sleepless nights post the summit, because I just felt like I didn't get closure from this experience.

Now I do, I knew I did when I just sat there and smiled at all that I've been through.

I looked back at your energy and reminisced those conversations and meetings, and in that moment;

this story felt complete.

The amount of confidence you have given me is insane.

In the past three days, I've realized one thing.

Closure doesn't arrive when you are seeking it, it walks in; randomly.

Like a small sleepy puppy and rests on your lap.

It arrives with a waft of wind when you weren't looking out for it.

It arrives like a morning that doesn't feel heavy.

It arrives like a text from a long lost friend, and always leaves you smiling.

It arrives slowly but surely.

To the three months of ~becoming.

To Koustubh Kulkarni, for being such a beautiful language in this dialogue.

My favourite language.

Love you, KK💌

You’re made of wonder, beauty and hurt.

Love.

~Your hero




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The answers found me.

A little girl's dream

Skies that heal